Saturday, May 7, 2011

Reviews! Interview! Guest Post! THE WORKS!

All sorts of articles have been posted in the last twenty-four hours regarding SLATE and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, so let's get started!

First up is a review of HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME at Far From Reality!

Here's an excerpt...

The story was an interesting take on 'coming of age' and the characters were likeable, especialy Wesley, I think i grew to like him the most. Cameron was a 'grow on me' character and so was Liesel but they had thier own charms. His girlfriend Charisma however, she was a diffrent kind of snobby and annoying. I did not like her, Cameron achieves her goal for him and she STILL ignores him, then she ends up kissing Wesley, gets back with her ex then leaves him for her own selfish desires... i loved hating her.

Read Jessica's full review by clicking here: Far From Reality. Thanks Jessica!

--

Second up... let's see... a GUEST POST about SLATE, in which I discuss my time working in film casting from 2008 to 2010.

Here's an excerpt...


Probably the most disappointing aspect to the job that I observed in my two years in film casting was the lack of final say the casting director truly had. You’d think the casting director would ultimately get to choose the perfect actor for each part, but she doesn’t. The director, and, even more so, the producer, will pick the actor at the end of the day, especially if it’s an important role in the movie. Worst of all, they usually won’t go with the right choice, but instead, the bigger name.

In 2009 I got to sit in on two or three wonderful auditions of the supremely talented Alison Brie (CommunityScream 4). She read for one of the lead roles in a comedy we were working on and simply stole the show—she was absolutely perfect. But was she a big name in 2009? Not so much. So the producers went with more of a name, an actress who was wrong for the role from the get go, ultimately bringing the movie down a notch because of her presence in it. These kinds of predicaments weren’t rare. They happened all… the… time. And it got frustrating. The casting director and I would spend days, weeks, months, pouring over headshots and spending hours in audition rooms trying to find the right actor for a role, when, after all our hard work, the producer ended up choosing some D-list actor for the part because he thought the actor had “name value.” Ugh.


You can read the full guest post by clicking here: The World of Movie Casting. Thanks ReaderGirls!

--

Third up is another review of Happy Birthday to Me, this one EXTREMELY POSITIVE, over at Owl Review a Book!

Here's an excerpt...

What I really enjoyed about Happy Birthday to me was that when Cameron started aging he found out who his real friends were and how his family could genuinely act. Before he started aging, I could’ve (but I didn’t want to) put down the book, but after I was hooked. Everything started getting interesting, and I found myself wanting to see where all the character relationships went. 

Liesel is still mysterious by the end of the book. I hope that’ll change when the second book, Happy Birthday to Me Again, comes out. I will defiantly be buying the sequel!

You can read the full review by clicking here: Owl Review a Book. Thanks Bethany!!

--

Last up is an interview at Midnight Reads, in which I talk about Happy Birthday to Me!

An excerpt from the interview...


Can you tell us anything about book 2?

I just started writing the first draft of Book 2, and it's going to be an even bigger epic emotional roller-coaster ride than the first one. A lot of readers have been puzzled as to where I can take the story after the end of Happy Birthday to Me. But trust me, Book 2 and especially Book 3 are going to take fans of this series into a real spin of twists, turns, and high emotions. Let's just say not every character in this series is safe, and that the big finale is going to be huge tearjerker! In terms of what Book 2 is about, all I'm saying right now is that it takes place six months after the events of the first book, and we follow Cameron in the first person again as he again faces a devastating curse to his body. But it's not what you think! Stay tuned, I'm hoping to release the book as early as September on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.  

Here's the full interview: Midnight Reads. Thanks to Bungle!

PHEW! That's all for today! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment