Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me! A New Review!

As I start the process of revising the first draft of Happy Birthday to Me Again, the sequel to Happy Birthday to Me, it gives me great pleasure to still see readers all over the world blissfully loving the first installment! Tawni over at The Book Worms just gave my novel a 4/5! Here's an excerpt...


Brian Rowe’s writing is hilarious, serious, and heartfelt. I was laughing, crying, and awestruck throughout. To me, that’s a unique book. By the end of the book the message was clear that just because you get old or are different in some way, there are people who care about you and that struck a chord with me. Its important to feel that there are people who care and love you no matter what! 

I also really liked the parts about Cameron and his family life. Cameron’s dad isn’t happy with him and pushes him to pursue things he’s not interested in. Cameron’s mom is kind hearted and his little sister is a violin freak. I feel that this was my favorite part of the story. They are like any other family who has their problems and it came off as so real to me. It was something everyone can relate to.

Don’t miss this book! Make sure you get it in print or an ecopy. Its a must read and its funny and serious, the perfect balance. I might be doing a giveaway soon so make sure to check back!

You can read the full review by clicking here: The Book Worms. Thanks again, Tawni! 

No comments:

Post a Comment