Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me Takes Over Amazon, Part II!

On December 9th, I took great advantage of the then brand new KDP Select program for indie authors, and I made the first installment of my YA Birthday trilogy free for that weekend. I was hoping a few hundred readers would pick up my book, but I was astonished when nearly 15,000 readers downloaded it between December 9th and December 13th. At this point in my career, my number one hope is always that my words are reaching readers, and because Happy Birthday to Me is the first of three books, it's important to me that people read it by any means possible, even if it's downloaded for free, because that means they might pick up Books 2 & 3!

Well I put up Happy Birthday to Me for free again yesterday, and the book has once again blown through the roof on Amazon's Top Free Books in the Kindle Store. It's gone all the way down to #29 in the Free Store, and it's remained #1 in the Humor section for nearly twenty-four hours. Wow! Amazing! The best news of all? Nearly 8,000 more readers have downloaded my book since yesterday morning. I'm so excited for more people to discover my work, especially Books 2 & 3 of my Birthday trilogy!

Happy Birthday to Me will remain FREE until midnight tonight, and then it will go back to 99 cents. Have any of you read the book recently? Post your thoughts in the comments. I'd love to know what you thought.

Buy HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME on Amazon

Anyway, now, back to work. I'm starting the last big revision on my new YA novel The Vampire Underground. It's coming this April!

No comments:

Post a Comment